2.0 Scope This policy applies to all AllFr8 Logistics’ employees, temporary workers, independent contractors, and agents who use any AllFr8 Logistics resources.
3.0 Policy These guidelines are intended to help you make the best use of the computer resources at your disposal. You should understand the following. All AllFr8 Logistics resources and AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information are AllFr8 Logistics’ property. You do not have a privacy interest in using AllFr8 Logistics resources and AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information. Internet and other external service access are restricted to authorized personnel only and for authorized purposes only. Access to data on all laptop computers is to be secured through encryption or other means, to provide confidentiality of AllFr8 Logistics’ data in the event of loss or theft of AllFr8 equipment. Only authorized software may be installed, and installation may only be performed by a manager or an AllFr8 technology contractor. The use of unauthorized software is prohibited. In the event unauthorized software is discovered, it will be removed from the workstation immediately. All diskette drives and removable media from external sources must be virus checked before they are used within the AllFr8 network. You are personally responsible for safeguarding the passwords that you use to access AllFr8 Logistics resources and AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information. You may not print your passwords, store them on-line, or share them with others. Similarly, you may not use someone else’s password to access AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information. To help safeguard your passwords and access abilities, you must log-off your computer before leaving your work area for the day. Workstation configurations may only be changed by AllFr8 management.
You are individually responsible for protecting the data and information in your hands. Security is everyone’s responsibility. Recognize which data is sensitive. If you do not know or are not sure, ask. Even though you cannot touch it, information is an asset, sometimes a priceless asset. Use the resources at your disposal only for the benefit of AllFr8. Understand that you are accountable for what you do on the system. If you observe anything unusual, tell your supervisor/manager. When using AllFr8 computer systems you should comply with the following guidelines:
1. Do choose a password that would be hard to guess.
2. Do lockup or log off your computer before you leave your workstation (click ctrl, alt, delete, and select lock or log off). Do leave your machine powered on and the monitor turned off when you leave for the day. AllFr8 performs critical updates and maintenance during off-hours that require workstations to be powered on.
3. Do protect equipment from theft and keep it away from food and drinks.
4. Do make sure, on every occasion that floppy disks and other media brought into the company are checked for viruses before use. Do inform the manager immediately if you think that your workstation may have a virus.
5. Do encrypt confidential data transmitted over public networks.
1. Do not share or disclose your password. This includes family and other household members when work is being done at home. You may not print your passwords, store them on-line, or share them with others. Similarly, you may not use another’s access to AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information.
2. Do not use AllFr8 Logistics resources and AllFr8 Logistics’ MyFr8 information:
a. for personal financial gain;
b. to solicit others for activities unrelated to AllFr8’s business; or
c. in connection with political campaigns or lobbying efforts (unless doing so falls within the scope of your job duties).
3. Do not give others the opportunity to look over your shoulder if you are working on something sensitive.
4. Do not use shareware (software downloaded from the Internet or on PC magazine covers).
5. Do not duplicate or copy software. Do not:
a. make copies of the software for use on your home computer;
b. provide copies of the software to any third parties; or
c. modify, revise, transform, recast, or adapt the software (unless doing so falls within the scope of your job duties).
d. install any unauthorized or unlicensed software onto AllFr8’s computers; or
e. install any authorized software without first scanning it with AllFr8-approved Virus checking software.
6. Do not use dial-out capability (modems) on AlLFr8 desktops/laptops while also being connected to the AllFr8 network through other connectivity means such as wireless or standard network connectivity.
7. Do not install any software on your machine or alter its configuration; if you believe you need a configuration change, contact the manager on duty.
8. Do not download or install malicious programs to your desktop or into the network or server (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.).
9. Do not use an AllFr8 computing asset to actively engage in procuring or transmitting material that is in violation of sexual harassment, hostile workplace or other applicable laws.
10. Do not engage in security breaches or disruptions of network communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which the employee is not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that the employee is not expressly authorized to access. For purposes of this section, “disruption” includes, but is not limited to port scanning, security scanning, network sniffing, ping floods, packet spoofing, denial of service attacks, and forged routing information.
11. Do not engage in any form of network monitoring which will intercept data not intended for the employee’s host.
12. Do not circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
13. Do not establish any mechanisms to bypass the network and security controls used to secure inbound or outbound network traffic.
14. Do not use any program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, with the intent to interfere with, or disable, a user’s terminal session.
15. Do not provide information about, or lists of, AllFr8 employees or its affiliates, suppliers or customers to parties outside of AllFr8.
16. Do not release to parties outside AllFr8computer data (including files, memoranda, reports, and other materials) that are confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or a trade secret.
17. Do not send unsolicited email messages, including the sending of “junk mail”, spam or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material.
18. Do not engage in any form of harassment via e-mail, telephone or paging, whether through language, frequency, size or type of messages.
19. Do not engage in unauthorized use, or forging, of e-mail header information.
20. Do not use AllFr8 assets to download or exchange any copyrighted music, graphics or video files.
21. Do not create or forward “chain letters” or other “pyramid” schemes of any type.
4.0 Enforcement Violations of this policy are taken seriously. Violations of this policy will be addressed pursuant to AllFr8 disciplinary practices and other actions which AllFr8 deems appropriate. If you violate this policy, you will be subject to discipline, including discharge (for employees) and termination of contracts with AllFr8 (for independent contractors). You also may face civil liability and criminal liability.
“AllFr8 has worked hard to overcome the constraints of the tight truck resource market, and they have been running a reliable 24/7/365 day operation. They have always been reachable and responsive, making it easy to tender loads to them. They seem to understand what’s important to their customer and they “over-communicate” because they know it’s critical. At CSX, we expect a lot from our supplier relationships—and AllFr8 has definitely performed very well against our expectations.”